Tuesday, February 5, 2008

CHANGE

As I look back over my life right now
I ask, Is there anyone that I can blame
I'm sitting here wondering, if I could do it all again
Is there anything that I would try to change
Did I treat someone kindly, with a day to day smile
To cherish throughout their years
Did I comfort someone else when they needed me the most
When at the time their only hope seem to be tears
A kind word and a gentle smile
Was that my armor that I carried around
Did I lift someone up with the strength that I had
When I knew at the time they were down
The changes in ones life can be very surprising
And rock the foundation from which it stands
Has my goodness been enough, for when I may need a little kindness
To be lended a comforting hand
Oh I hope that it has, but for some reason if it hasn't
I pray time will allow me to make a change
To redo the things that were so simple yet important
But if not, I have only me to blame.
Pauline P. Williams
Copyright 1982

No comments: