Saturday, January 26, 2008

OUR PLEDGE

The day you pledged your love to me
Was a day I will never forget
As we promise to Love , Honor, and Protect
As of today, you haven't failed me yet
I look to you for Comfort and Strength
In the good times and in the bad
You are always there to share the smiles on my face
And there when I'm feeling really sad
I know there were times when we had our differences
And we felt like we wouldn't make it through
But with Love for each other, and Faith in our pledge
This journey was meant for me and you
It's been awhile since we pledged our vows, to join with one another
And I say to you my love, on the renewal of our lives
For you and I, there could be no other
Always my darling, with patience and trust
We will continue to be joined as one
And our love will blossom, as precious as a rose
Like it was when we first begun
Pauline P. Williams
Copyright
1982

No comments: