Tuesday, January 15, 2008

THEN THERE WAS YOU

When the clouds move over the sun, and darken the day as night,
I looked up and there was you, helping me to regain my sight.
When the mountains came together, closing on both sides of me,
I wondered what could I do, to help myself become free.
When I tried to cross the river, to get to the other side,
I looked up and there was you, offering me a ride.
When the breath inside of me shortened, as though I could not breathe,
I wanted to run so very bad, but I knew I could not leave.
When the dawn comes, and it's time to rest, I close my eyes to sleep,
I looked up in my dreams and there was you, offering me a world of peace.
Through all the trials that I have had, there's one thing that remains to be true,
Through the good and the bad, the ups and the downs, I looked up, and there was always you.
Pauline P. Williams
copyright 1982

No comments: