Saturday, January 26, 2008

THINKING OF YOU (DEDICATION TO MY FATHER) 1904-1969

The little house that sits on a hill
Surrounded by love and warmth at will
The windows were clouded from the fog at night
Made it seem to me that everything was alright
As a child I thought that nothing could go wrong
But at a young age in my life, I knew I had to be strong
In the beginning our little family was all that we had
We didn't have much else, but the love kept us from being sad
We sheltered each other to prevent harm and pain
Not knowing that what lies ahead was a whole lot of rain
How could life so comforting, go so very wrong
But then one day in mid december I woke up all alone
The man that meant the world to me I could see was no longer there
My father decided that life meant nothing, not here or any where
That morning in early december, the rain blanket the skies
At the end of that dreary day, water was pouring from beneath my eyes
Because the one person that I needed the most, I knew I would never again see
Now there was no one, no one at all, no one left for me
I finally managed to move on with my life, and some how I made it through
But there is one question that remain in my heart,,,,, Daddy what happen to you
What was going on in your mind that you felt you couldn't share
I thought we made a promise to each other, That no matter what, we would always be there
But that day so many years ago, you chose to be all alone
And everything that we held so dear, was suddenly all gone
Not only did you take your life, but you took a part of me
A place in my heart remains empty, that pain won't let me be free
Suicide is not the answer, It's the ending to every thing
Consider the people you will leave behind, and the heartache your actions will bring
The pain that I felt many years ago, I still remember it to this day
And no matter how hard I try to forget, that pain just won't go away
Sleep well Daddy and be at peace, these words from my heart are true
And always remember everyday of my life, I am constantly thinking of you
Pauline P. Williams
Copyright 1982

No comments: